No Win No FeeUnder European Law, passengers who experience delays or cancellations to their flight are entitled to compensation; however, claiming it can often be difficult even if you have a valid case. At E A Law, the flight claim team can do all the work for you and will take responsibility for everything from corresponding to the airline to instigating court action- all on a no win no fee basis!
Who can claim?If in the last six years you have booked a flight that was due to depart or land in an EU member state and you experienced any of the following, you may be eligible for compensation:·
- Your flight was delayed by more than three hours or,·
- Your flight was cancelled or,·
- You missed your flight due to no fault of your own or,·
- You were denied boarding a plane. ·
- The delay was not caused by ‘extraordinary circumstances’.
What are extraordinary circumstances?Over recent years there has been much confusion over the definition of extraordinary circumstances and airlines have been using this grey area to their advantage and wrongly rejecting claims on this basis. However, a recent Supreme Court judgement (Jet2 vs. Huzar ) issued in October 2014 has clarified what does and does not constitute an extraordinary circumstance; thus, if the correct steps are taken it is now easier than ever to receive any compensation due to you. While any incidents which lead to delays and/or cancellations need to be evaluated in the context that it occurred, below is a comprehensive list of events that do constitute an ‘extraordinary circumstance’:
- Security risks,
- Acts of terrorism and/or sabotage,
- Political or civil unrest,
- Extreme weather conditions,
- Bird strikes,
- Hidden manufacturing defects.
- Bad weather that affected a previous flight and led to you aircraft being delayed and/or cancelled,
- Boarding being denied due to your aircraft being overbooked,
- Delays caused by cabin crew and/or pilots arriving late. Or, the aircraft being understaffed,
- Technical problems with the aircraft (except hidden manufacturing defects or problems caused by sabotage),
- Any other situation outside of the ‘extraordinary circumstances’ listed above.
How much could you be entitled to?
Why choose E A Law?We can work on your claim on a no win no fee basis.
At E A Law, our flight delay compensation team go the extra mile – our work does not stop at just drafting letters to the airlines, we will also take responsibility for issuing court action and even cover the costs of court fees!
We will provide you with regular updates at each stage of your claim and ensure that you are always fully aware of how your case is progressing.
Our claim process is easy and convenient! We can issue a single claim for an entire flight party, meaning if you were not travelling alone there is no need for each person to issue a single claim.
How to claim
- Complete our enquiry form here.
- Provide us with your flight number and the date of the flight.
- We will check if you are entitled to compensation.
- We can proceed with your claim on a No Win No Fee basis.